"Me and alcohol have a love/hate relationship. We're in a fight right now, but we're making up tonight." - Unknown

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I LOVE YOU, JOE DOG'S

I just had one of the greatest nights ever. I mean, who says you can't have fun when you're sober? Okay, I say that all the time but tonight I was one hundred percent sober and I loved my life at the bar; even the happenings AFTER the bar were just superb but I'll get into that later on. So, went to Joe Dog's with my two friends, Abby and Marie. Now, for those of you who don't know Joe Dog's... GET TO KNOW IT. I absolutely love Joe Dog's... mainly because of the sick arcade they have there. Joe Dog's reminds me of Chainsaw, except JD is much more hick than Chainsaw. Every Friday they have a live band... which is just fucking awesome because I love listening to live music (when it's good). One of my favourite parts of the night was when the band played Green Day (we requested it, of course). Marie and I were the only two dancing until these two drunk betches came over and stole our spotlight. OH, there was a hot cougar there and she was not impressed when I started dancing behind her but the band loved it. Before all this happened, Welcome To Paradise blasted through the speakers (not from the band) and Marie and I just loved our lives and sang along. People at table twelve were not happy and stared us down for the entire night but I pulled the line, "take a picture, it lasts longer" hahaha, good old elementary school. Anywhos, the bouncer loved us, absolutely wanted us and brought us suckers. As I was playing the lovely game Stack 'Em, the bouncer came up behind me and said "you can't play this game" as a joke and he scared the shit out of me so I screamed in his face (a scream of terror which will probably haunt him for the rest of his life). However, I apologized afterwards because I felt terrible. We left the bar, saw Marie's hick boyfriend and then went to the gas station. As I pumped the gas, Marie put on some Green Day and we sang and danced together. Once I was done, I started to clean the windows with the squeegee and then, as Marie played air drums, I strummed the squeegee to the guitar of the song. I felt like we were in a movie and cannot describe the amazingness of this event because you had to have been there. People drove by in their cars, honked at us because of the sick free concert they were getting at one in the morning. So, I guess what I'm saying is that you don't have to be trashed to sing and play air guitar to Green Day at a gas station, all you need is a drunk friend who is willing to sing and dance along with you.

1 comment:

  1. wish I had been there to witness this Greenday concert at the gas station

    ReplyDelete