"Me and alcohol have a love/hate relationship. We're in a fight right now, but we're making up tonight." - Unknown

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I WISH I HAD MORE MILK"

Chainsaw is great, it's just friggin great. If you like fun hangout bars that have karaoke plus a live band, this bar is for you. I have been in love with this bar since last year, except that's when it was called The Spur. This is the bar that we went to every single Thursday last year.. aka "Spursday". It was pretty fun last night but I was super tired because I had only gotten two hours of sleep that day because I was up all night writing an essay. Other than the fact that I kept passing out on the table, it was fun. The band there asked for girls to come up and sing Don't Stop Believing by Journey. For those of you who know me, you know that I absolutely love this song. This is the song that we sang every single time we went to The Spur last year. So anyways, none of my friends wanted to go up and sing it with me so I went alone... JUST KIDDING. I kind of regret not going up and singing it though. However, I did stand up from my seat and conducted the rest of the bar as if they were in my choir. I guess you had to have been there to understand what I mean. Just picture me standing in the middle of Chainsaw waving my arms and singing as if I were the conductor of a symphony or choir. As if I managed to steal a beer last night even though beers were only two bucks. We were sitting at a table with a bunch of randos and there were about eight beers on the table and this guy (I think his name was Darren), he came over to get the beers and he's like "which ones are yours?" so I took one of the beers as if it were mine. I have a new dream.. a fantasy, if you will and it goes a little something like this:

I'm on stage at Chainsaw, a keyboard in front of me, everyone is silent, the spotlight is on me and I start playing Don't Stop Believing on the keyboard and then all of a sudden a band comes out of the darkness and starts playing with me. The crowd goes wild and everyone is cheering my name, I get a record deal from the guy sitting over at table eight because he's a producer at a big record company.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW FUCKING SWEET THAT WOULD BE?

Anywhos, now that I have shared my deepest darkest fantasy with you, I should be going. I'm going to Ottawa this weekend with my fam, I'm so stoked, I haven't seen them in so long. I'm so happy that I have brothers who are of legal drinking age so we can go out to the bars in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment